OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FESTIVAL
The fifth edition of CAOLIN will take place according to the official terms and conditions, which all participants and organizers need to abide by.
- October 10th – November 10th, 2018 ~ Application time frame for CAOLIN 2018.
- November 10th, 2018 ~ Application deadline for CAOLIN 2018.
- November 11th, 2018 ~ Selection process.
- November 12th, 2018 ~ The participating artists are informed of the outcome of the selection.
- November 16th, 2018 ~ Acceptance fee deadline.
- November 22nd, 2018 (12 PM – 5:30 PM) ~ Setting the lighting for the stand + unpacking and setting up the objects by the participating artists.
- November 23rd, 2018 (10 AM – 7:30 PM) ~ The first day of the fair.
- November 23rd, 2018 (6 PM – 7:30 PM) ~ The official opening for CAOLIN 2018 (free access).
- November 24th, 2018 (10 AM – 7:30 PM) ~ The second day of the fair.
- November 25th, 2018 (10 AM – 5 PM) ~ The third and last day of the fair.
- November 25th, 2018 (5 PM – 6 PM) ~ The participating artists collect their work and leave the exhibition premises.
- The artists who wish to apply for CAOLIN 2018 need to be at least 18 years old, except for the high school students who attend Arts High Schools.
- Artists can apply either individually or as a group, the latter being valid only in case they attend Arts High Schools or Art Universities.
- Everybody who wants to sign up needs to upload in their online application pictures of the objects they want to participate with.
- There are no restrictions concerning the shape or weight of the objects. Installations are also permitted.
- The final work needs to be made of ceramics up to 60% at the least.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- The artists who wish to apply for the festival need to fill out all the required fields on the online application and to provide any other additional information requested through email.
- The artists that haven’t received any feedback from our team by November 13th, 2018, are kindly asked to contact Caolin via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The selected artists need to confirm their participation by paying the 300 RON acceptance fee, respectively 200 RON in case they are either high school, or college students. The deadline is November 16th, 2018 and the fee can be paid through bank transfer into the account of the Non-Profit Organization Caolin: RO46BTRLRONCRT0253040401 – Banca Transilvania. The acceptance fee is to be paid only once and is non-refundable.
INFORMATION REQUIRED ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- First and last name *
- Brand (optional)
- Complete address *
- Date of birth (optional)
- Phone number *
- Email *
- Website (optional)
- Artist statement *
- Resume *
- Additional information about the work (optional): title, medium used, approximate price etc.
- Pictures of the work (at least 5, but no more than 10) *
- Artist photo or brand logo *
* the fields marked with “*” are mandatory.
- The organizers are responsible for providing the applicants accurate information regarding the event and for following the terms and conditions.
- The selection committee has the responsibility to ensure that the selection process is fair and impartial.
- The organizers have the responsibility to inform every applying artist of the outcome of the selection, either via mail, email or by phone.
- The organizers cannot be accountable for potential damage to the work or theft throughout the event.
- The organizers are responsible for respecting the accuracy of the information provided by the participants regarding their work and for presenting it in the same manner in the promotional materials.
- The organizers have the responsibility to provide free housing to the participating artists who do not reside in Cluj-Napoca. Housing is provided at The Spot Cosy Hostel for 3 nights (Thursday – November 22nd, Friday – November 23rd and Saturday – November 24th; check-out is due on Sunday – November 25th).
- The organizers have the responsibility to provide every participant with 1,5 m2 of exhibition space.
- The organizers have the responsibility to either hand or send every participant a diploma attesting to their participation in the event.
- The participants are responsible for following these rules and regulations and for providing accurate information to the organizers.
- The participants are responsible for paying the acceptance fee, through wire transfer, by November 16th, 2018 at the latest.
- The participants are responsible for bringing their work to the event and for making sure that it was suitably packaged.
- The participants are responsible for granting the organizers the right to use their pictures free of charge for promotional purposes.
- The participants are accountable for any potential damage to the work or theft throughout the days of the event.
- The participants are responsible for being at their stand all throughout the event and are allowed to provide a replacement for an hour at the most.
- The participants are responsible for bringing two lamps in order to provide better lighting for their stand.
- The participants have the responsibility to bring and show the visitors their business cards throughout the event.
- All updates and press releases regarding the event will be posted on the official website www.caolin.ro or sent via the official email: email@example.com. For any other details, enquiries or requests, please contact us.
- The selection committee is made up of three competent nationally and internationally renowned artists, who will remain anonymous to ensure a smooth running of the event. The selection committee will evaluate the online applications and then select the participating work. Complaints will not be accepted after the online selection has been made public.
- The organizers have the right to modify the terms and conditions to ensure a smooth running of the event. Should any change occur, the participating artists will be informed via email.
- All applying artists are encouraged to promote or visit CAOLIN 2018, even if their work hasn’t been selected for the event.
October 7th, 2018
Official Terms and Conditions, signed by:
Ioan Sumedre Jr. – founding member of Caolin.
Codruța Pop – founding member of Caolin.
Mihai Sumedre – founding member of Caolin.